What better way to celebrate that spring is finally here and warmer weather is on the horizon then by sharing a recipe for one of my favorite frozen treats?
These peanut butter banana Greek yogurt bites make a great snack or after dinner sweet treat. Not only do they require just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand, but they are also super quick to assemble. They’ll be ready to pop in the freezer in less than 10 minutes. The most challenging part is waiting patiently while they freeze!
I like to make a batch of these on the weekend to enjoy throughout the week. The recipe is easy to double (or cut in half) depending on the space in your freezer.
I like to use plain Greek yogurt because it is high in protein and doesn’t have added sugars, but if you prefer more sweetness feel free to try them with vanilla yogurt.
I’ve been experimenting with different versions of these yogurt bites for several years. I’ve found that the addition of banana is by far my favorite. The banana provides sweetness and creates a softer, creamier, and less icy texture.
Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Greek Yogurt Bites
Makes approximately 20 bites
- 2 6-ounce containers non-fat plain Greek yogurt (my favorite is Fage, but any brand will work)
- 2 ripe bananas, chopped small or mashed
- 2 Tbsp creamy, natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp chocolate chips, optional
- Add yogurt, banana, and peanut butter to medium bowl and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips, if using.
- Spoon mixture in to ice cube trays.
- Freeze at least 3 hours until solid.
- The bites can be a little tricky to get out of ice cube trays. Try running bottom of ice cube tray under warm water for a few seconds to loosen cubes.
- Store in airtight container in freezer.
- If they’re too hard to bite, thaw on counter for a few minutes to soften before eating.
Per 2 bites, with chocolate chips
Calories: 75, Total Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 0.7g, Sodium: 27mg,
Potassium: 110mg, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 6g, Protein: 5g
If you are a peanut butter lover like me, right before eating drizzle a little extra peanut butter on top some extra peanut buttery goodness.
I hope you enjoy these sweet and satisfying yogurt bites as much as I do. Let me know in the comments section, if you give this recipe a try!